You’re creating a relaxing and immersive spa experience in your own home, and what better place to start than with the perfect shower? Don’t limit yourself to a basic, single faucet shower when you can have it all with a complete home shower system! You want to bathe like royalty, and you deserve it!
We’ve searched the web for the best shower systems and panels at the highest value, and broken down why each one of these spectacular home shower systems a truly worth your hard-earned dollar. Sit back, relax and imagine yourself in the shower of your dreams with our top four picks for the best home shower systems available online today.
IN A HURRY? HERE’S OUR TOP PICKS…
PULSE ShowerSpas 1011-lll-ORB Kauai III
The look of this gorgeous shower system by PULSE is stunning. The quality and style of this pre-plumbed system is designed to last a lifetime. The shower head features an 8″ rainfall nozzle with rub-clean soft tips to easily clear mineral buildup for long lasting performance.
Eliminate the need to do a complete bathroom renovation; simply transform the look and function of your existing shower by connecting the system to your water supply at its current shower head location. This system features a wall mounted rainfall and adjustable hand-held faucet system with 5 invigorating functions and a 59″ double-interlocking stainless steel hose.
What We Like Best:
- Beautiful design that will suit most homes
- Choose between an antique bronze, brushed nickel, or chrome finish
- Easy to install using pre-existing plumbing
- Gives you the option of rainfall or hand-held, without any unnecessary bells and whistles
- Choose between 1.8 and 2.5 gallons per minute
Spas Outlet Blue Ocean Shower Panel Tower
For the top of the line in high-tech shower systems, this ultra-modern aluminum alloy shower system comes everything you could want in either a shower/tub or walk-in. It features a rainfall shower head, a handheld faucet with 4 spray settings,and body nozzles that either mist or spray, as well as a tub spout! This complete shower system even comes with a battery powered temperature control screen for a completely customizable spa experience. The high shine chrome finish maximizes the clean look of this spa shower panel system.
What We Like Best:
- 8 adjustable body nozzles in addition to a rainfall, tub, and handheld nozzle
- Water temperature control function
- All functions operate independently for optimum water pressure
KOHLER K-45211 Shower Column
Easily update your standard shower into a luxurious overhead rainfall and hand-held shower system with the shower column by Kohler. Create a unique spa-like showering experience by customizing with a wide variety of Kholer shower heads to suit your individual style; whether you prefer modern, traditional, or a look that is something in between. Designed to accommodate a wide array of shower configurations without altering the existing plumbing, this shower column by Kohler is suitable for both remodels and new construction.
What We Like Best:
- Mounts to existing plumbing, making installation simple
- Choose between 4 HydroRail shower columns to find the right size for your existing plumbing
- Trusted company service
AKDY JX-9821 Shower System Panel
Ultra-sleek modern style meets easy of function in this powerful shower panel. The lightweight and durable unique design is made of high-quality stainless steel, guaranteeing a conversation piece as well as an incredibly easy to maintain surface. This system comes with overhead rainfall and waterfall function, as well as a chrome-plated brass hose, and six body nozzles that dot the surface of this large shower panel. Easy to install and constructed to handle simultaneous functions, this shower panel is the perfect choice for any bathroom design.
What We Like Best:
- Choose between rainfall or waterfall for overhead, hand-held, body nozzle, or even all at once to customize your shower experience
- Produce high water pressure
- Intuitive control panel
Consider This Before You Buy
Water Flow Rate
The flow rate of a shower head is the amount of gallons per minute that a shower will use while it is running. According to federal regulations, shower heads cannot produce more than 2.5 gpm. That’s 25 gallons for a 10-minute shower, but that has decreased over time. If the shower head you have in your home now was made in the during the 1990’s or earlier, its flow rate could be 3.5 GPM or more, which would be a huge waste of water.
Certain shower head manufacturers make it a priority to find ways to give you the right amount of water pressure you need to take a comfortable shower, without having to use a gpm higher than 1.8. In order to save on water and energy use, make sure you are getting an efficient shower head.
You may be surprised to find that shower faucets, handles, and hoses may come in a wide variety of metal finishes, including but not limited to polished chrome, brushed chrome, polished nickel, brushed nickel, hammered nickel, stainless steel, bronze, brushed bronze, oil-rubbed bronze, antique bronze, and polished brass. You can choose to match all of your bathroom fixtures to each other, or choose completely different finish for your shower system to really have it make a statement.
A brushed or hammered finish will help to disguise scratches and smudges. A high polish will look either modern or elegant, but will require some extra care to keep looking shiny. Dark finishes such as oil-rubbed or antique bronze will give a high contrast and a lot of interest to a light bathroom.
Based on the type of shower you have, your preference, and lifestyle, there are several different types of shower head installation styles you might consider. If you are a 2 minute in and out kind of shower, your shower head might look different than that of someone who needs to bathe pets or small children. You may want a luxury spa-like experience, or something that will really blast you with water to get an even faster rinse.
● Fixed: The most common of shower head installation styles, the fixed shower head is mounted to the wall.These shower heads can easily be replaced by simply unscrewing the shower head then screwing on a new one. Fixed shower heads can come available with a wide variety of water spray patterns and types, with features like massage, rain, and water saving.
● Slide bar: A slide bar is a shower fixture that allows you to easily adjust the height of your shower head. This is convenient if you often prefer to shower without washing your hair. Alternatively, if your household has people with a dramatic height difference, you may find a slide bar installation to be ideal for your home as well.
● Hand-held: Just as the name suggests, a hand-held shower head can be held in your hand, which is ideal for rinsing and washing pets, small children, or even cleaning your shower tiles. They are held on cradles that are mounted to the wall and function just like a fixed shower head.
● Body sprayers: Body spraying nozzles will provide you with the ultimate spa shower experience. They can be turned on with the shower head or work independently. These typically require installation during the construction or remodeling phase of the shower.
● Rain: Rain style showers distribute water lightly and evenly from an oversized shower head in order to rinse a wider surface area at once. Rain shower heads work best in conditions where there is plenty of water pressure to help the shower head deliver water effectively. Rain shower heads are most often installed directly overhead, though they can be installed on the wall at an angle.
● Water saving: A water saving shower head works great if your home suffers from low water pressure. Or, if you are looking to save on you daily use of water and/or energy, then a water saving shower head is definitely the way to go. A water-saving shower head can use as little as 1 gpm. Look to see if your shower head aerates the water in order to give it a boost. This will help to make it seem as feel though it is dispensing more water than it actually is.
● Adjustable: Most modern shower heads, whether fixed or handheld, come with an adjusting switch. There can be as few as two or as many as eight spray settings, with everything from a fine mist, pulsating massage, water saving, and beyond. It is also typical to have a setting that is between two of the settings for a combination effect.
Top Shower System Brands
Now that we’ve covered the basics of what you’ll need to know when searching for a shower system, let’s take a look at the brands of our top picks.
1. PULSE ShowersSpas: Pulse is committed to providing quality products, innovative in design and flawless in function at an affordable price. They have one of the most diverse lines of pre-plumbed shower systems on the market today. PULSE ShowerSpas takes great pride in being more than just your average shower fixture and accessory manufacturer.
2. Spas Outlet: Spas Outlet is a company that has been selling quality Tools & Home Improvement and Appliances on the Amazon.com marketplace since 2012. They sell from Blue Ocean, Ocean, Spas Outlets and other brands. They offer Prime shipping for the several dozen products they have in stock.
3. Kohler: Since 1873, Kohler Co. has been making and selling beautiful kitchen and bath products. They are a trusted company with excellent customer service. They often donate funds and products to develop clean water and sanitation systems to communities in need around the world.
4. AKDY: AKDY Imports has been a manufacturer of high-end kitchen and bathroom appliances since 2006. They sell products such as; range hoods and vents, kitchen sinks, and shower heads and body spray faucets. They make a point of staying on top of industry trends to provide their customers with the latest designs and the best materials at some of the most affordable prices on the market.
Shower Panel Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
How do you clean a shower panel?
Soap and hard water minerals may stain your panel or even cause clogging over time. Abrasive or hard chemical cleaners may damage the finish of your panel, so making a gentle cleaning solution is more ideal.
Start by detaching the shower head, and then allow it to soak in a 50/50 solution of hot water and vinegar. After a thorough soaking, scrub the shower head and rinse it with clean water.
Get some of this same solution into a spray bottle or just soak a washcloth. Use this to clean the rest of the panel as well as the walls, floor, and drain of your shower.
It is possible, depending on the model of panel that you have purchased. For the most part, it is ideal to have a panel tower installed during the building or renovation process.
Shower panels take the place of your existing shower head, with multiple shower heads, body sprayers, and sometimes a tub filler faucet as well mounted directly to your shower wall in one single unit. Shower systems are a network of separate faucets, sprayers, and perhaps a tub filler that all operate independently.
Shower panels will often have the same maximum flow capacity as a single shower head. This means you might only be able to use one function at a time. This of course will use less water and energy, but will be less luxurious than having several faucets running water at once.
Each panel tower will have different instructions for installation. Most panel towers will need to be installed during the renovation process, while others may be able to replace a previous shower installation.
It is best to get the help of a professional when doing any home renovations that involve plumbing. It may seem cheaper to do the work yourself, but the damage that may occur will end up costing you more in the long term.
This will vary quite a bit from project to project. If there are pipes that need to be rerouted or tile that needs to be replaced, the time will be a lot more considerable than that of a simple faucet replacing.
Shower systems are the height of luxury when it comes to the bathroom. To be able to customize your space to be equipped with the perfect spa experience on a daily basis is a dream come true!
If you want to increase your homes value, whether for yourself or for a better resell, installing a custom shower is relatively affordable. We hope you that you found this article covering the best shower systems available online helpful in your home renovation process!